Privacy and Security
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and as such we promise never to release your personal details to any third party for mailing or marketing purposes.
When you make a purchase from our website, we will collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Apricot Clothing complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we'll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment eg: paypal or royal mail. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
Customer contact promise
We'd love you to be among the first to receive news and exciting offers about our products and services. We do this in a variety of ways but only if you would like us to. Your privacy is very important to us which is why we make sure you're always in control of what we do with your personal information.
This is our simple customer contact promise:
- We'll never pass your personal details to 3rd parties for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
- We'll only ever use your details to help you make the most of what we have to offer.
That means things like:
News, offers and promotions
Details of new products and services
Tips and guidance to help you get the best out of your purchase from us.
Or simply, to get your feedback.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you give us.
- If you sign up to receive our newsletter you can opt out at any time.
- We fully comply with the EU Data Protection Directive 2018.
You have the right to ask us not to process or use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by unsubscribing or by emailing the data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting security and privacy enquiry.
You also have a right to access the personal data that we hold on you. If you would like to see a copy please email the data protection officer at email@example.com quoting security and privacy enquiry. If you think the information we hold on you is incorrect please let us know immediately.
What information we collect
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential. We will keep it on a secure server and will fully comply with the EU Data Protection Directive 2018.
- When you register to receive our newsletter, make a wish list, go all or part-way through the process of placing an order, or request information, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, and a password. If you are placing an order and are making a payment we will also require payment information, which will be processed by our payment processing merchant. We do not retain your credit or debit card details.
- We or our third party providers may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like co.uk and com, your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
How we use your information
We confirm that any personal information you provide to us, and any user information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance the EU Data Protection Directive 2018. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your order.
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve our website and the services we offer.
- To serve website content to you.
- To administer our website.
- If you consent, to notify you of products, services, promotions and new additions to our website that may be of interest to you.
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights.
- Your Personal Information will only be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. All such third parties are required to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled to do so.
Where we store your personal data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the EU Data Protection Directive 2018. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Third Party Websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to or from other websites, networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for 3rd party websites or their policies. Please check their privacy policies before you submit any personal data.
Cookies and IP Addresses
If your internet browser is set to reject cookies or if your network firewall won't allow them then unfortunately you will not be able to make purchases through our website. Please refer to your internet browser help file to see how to enable cookies on your computer.
As part of our efforts to make further improvements, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored and used for training purposes. To protect the operation of our computer systems we also monitor incoming and outgoing email.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If our shipping partners attempts to deliver an order to your address and find there is no-one available to receive it, we reserve the right to take a photograph of the outside of your property to assure you we were in the right geographical location to fulfil your order, and confirm we had located the correct address.
If a photograph is taken it won't be published or circulated, or used for any other purpose other than verification in relation to information you have provided. This photography will be held securely in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
EU data protection directive
The EU Data Protection Directive ( 95/46/EC ) is a European Union directive adopted in 1995 which regulates the processing of personal data within the European Union. It is an important component of EU privacy and human rights law and becomes enforceable from 25 May 2018 superseding all older regional directives including the UK Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Directive provides the following protections and governance:
Notice - individuals should be given notice when their data is being collected.
Purpose - data should only be used for the purpose stated and not for any other purposes.
Consent - data should not be disclosed without your consent.
Security - collected data should be kept secure from any potential abuses.
Disclosure - Individuals should be informed how their data is collected and stored.
Access - individuals have the right to access their data, make corrections or request data is deleted.
Accountability - individuals have a right to hold data collectors accountable.
Data - Collectively all information that you submit to Apricotonline.co.uk (Stonemanor Limited).
Cookies - A small text file placed on your computer.
Stonemanor Limited - Our company incorporated in England and Wales reg. 04534724 whose office is Suite 2, Fountain House, 1A Elm Park, Stanmore. HA7 4AU.
Apricot, Apricot Clothing, Apricot Online - are trading and/or marketing names representing Stonemanor Limited.
Website - Apricotonline.co.uk
Personal details - Any data or information used to identify you, your computer or your browser.